Definition of personal information
Problems, complaints or queries
Mail: Privacy Officer
Flowstone Distillery Pty Ltd, Plot 20 kalkheuvel West, Mogale City, 0240
Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed. On receipt of your query, problem or complaint a review will be conducted and findings will be communicated to you where required. If you do not receive a satisfactory response to your query, problem or complaint within 30 days, you may refer your query, problem or complaint to the Office of the INFORMATION REGULATOR (SOUTH AFRICA) via the contact details listed at Home l InfoRegSA (justice.gov.za), or, for individuals in the EU, to the data protection supervisory authority in your country.
Lawful basis of processing
- Flowstone Distillery also reserves the right to use, disclose or otherwise process any personal information to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, or in relation to Flowstone Distillery other legitimate interests such as where that personal information is relevant to legal action relating to Flowstone Distillery).
- We (or our subcontractors) collect and combine personal information in a number of ways through the following channels (each, a Collection Channel):
- our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
- our websites, including but not limited to https://flowstone.co.za/;
- any related Flowstone Distillery Gin website, social media page, internal website, intranet and any Flowstone Distillery mobile or tablet applications;
- our service providers acting on behalf of us (including but not limited to Eventbrite and Possible), or other legitimate third party sources;
- physical and other ad-hoc channels of collecting personal information in relation to events and the Flowstone Distillery distilleries (such as through paper forms or tablets); and
- any other means through which an individual provides personal information to Flowstone Distillery, including either physically or electronically.
- our online properties (here and after, each a “Website”), including:
Active Information Collection
- Personal information may be collected and combined via our Collection Channels if you:
- you purchase products either as a “guest” or a “member” through a Collection Channel, or create an account with Flowstone Distillery through a Collection Channel;
- subscribe to any newsletters, updates, alerts or news and media releases, or request launch or event information or information about our products or services or other information services as well as third party products or services;
- complete and submit any forms or surveys provided to Flowstone Distillery, either physically or electronically;
- conspicuously publish or provide on request your personal information to Flowstone Distillery;
- contact us or our clients directly in person or via any medium including mail, telephone, social media and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) including via the contact details listed on a Website;
- participate in any events, offers, promotions, competitions or marketing activities;
- interact with a Website for a specific purpose; or
- interact with or browse a Website generally.
- We also collect your information through other legitimate third party sources including list brokers, social media organisations, and other data providers or organisations that share data in circumstances where it is lawful and/or you have given permission for them to do so.
SCOPE OF COLLECTED DATA
- We may collect personal information including:
- your full name, contact details (such as your email address, phone number, and contact preferences), location, and passwords you create for the Flowstone Distillery website;
- information about your preferences, interests, opinions, feedback and experiences with our products or services. This information is collected in order to tailor our communications to you and continuously improve our products and services;
- financial details, if you have provided them to us, such as your bank account, credit card, or other online payment system details (where you purchase any products or services from us);
- When you visit the Flowstone Distillery website, we may also collect personal information about you in the following general categories:
- device information: we may collect information about your mobile device such as the hardware model, operating system, preferred language, unique device identifier and mobile network; and
- other information: we may also collect and log information such as your IP address, access dates and times, browser type and pages visited when you interact with a website.
- any other personal information requested or required by a Collection Channel.
- We do not seek to collect sensitive information (or “special categories” of information under the GDPR).
Consequences of not providing personal information
17. If you don’t provide us with personal information, we may be unable to provide you with our goods and services or other content, information, upcoming opportunity, promotion, event or product information.
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
18. Personal information that Flowstone Distillery collects will be used for the following primary purposes:
Special offers, marketing and advertising
a. where you have provided your separate consent, to provide you with early access to new releases, exclusive events, special offers, newsletters, events and promotions either of Flowstone Distillery or its trusted partners, and to otherwise market to you (with direct marketing materials), via any medium including mail, telephone, commercial electronic messages (such as SMS, MMS, instant messaging, email, social media, mobile applications), or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel.;
b. to provide you with relevant advertising;
Managing our relationship
c. to carry out any purchases you make and otherwise manage our commercial and trading relationship with you including identifying you in our system and contacting you, invoicing you correctly, sending you our products and to address your expectations of us in respect of how we conduct our business;
d. to ensure that your personal information remains up-to-date and complete;
e. to provide you with information about your Flowstone Distillery account, customer account, transactions, content, services and products;
f. to fulfil obligations in respect of any contract between you and Flowstone Distillery; to render services related to our Flowstone Distillery and customers (such as after sales services and enquiries); to facilitate payments from you;
g. to contact you, including sending you any technical, administrative or legal notices relevant to Flowstone Distillery or the Flowstone Distillery Websites and social media pages;
h. to otherwise maintain our relationship with you;
Flowstone Distillery’s Website
i. to maintain the functionality of the Flowstone Distillery website, including the provision of information to you relating to the content available on the website; to improve the website and system administration;
Improving our offerings
j. to better understand and meet your needs and interests, to enable us to improve the nature of the goods and services we provide and to more accurately market our goods and services, and research our customers;
k. to obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services and to conduct other research and development;
l. to record statistical or de-identified data for analysis including marketing analysis;
m. to conduct market research including identifying likeminded individuals;
o. any other purpose as may be deemed reasonably necessary by Flowstone Distillery in the circumstances;
p. as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the rights or property of Flowstone Distillery, any member of the Flowstone Distillery group, or any member of the public, to protect the integrity of the Flowstone Distillery website, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation on a matter of public safety.
Contact by Flowstone Distillery
- Despite removing your name from the database from receiving future advertising and marketing information, Flowstone Distillery may send you non-commercial “Administrative Emails”. Administrative Emails relate to a Flowstone Distillery user account and may include administrative and transaction confirmations, requests and inquiries or information about a particular Flowstone Distillery user account. If you do not wish to receive such communications from Flowstone Distillery, you may remove your name from the database by contacting Flowstone Distillery Privacy Officer. Please allow 30 days for this request to be processed.
- Flowstone Distillery does not make decisions that produce significant effects on you which are solely based on automated decision making.
DURATION OF MAINTAINING PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Flowstone Distillery takes appropriate security measures to keep personal information secure and to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or destruction of personal information. Flowstone Distillery, its employees and its subcontractors are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Flowstone Distillery.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
- You have a number of rights under the Protecion of Personal Information Act (POPI). These include:
- (access) to request access to your personal information from us, in a commonly used electronic format. On a case by case basis, Flowstone Distillery may determine that it is not legally required to give an individual access to personal information, in which case Flowstone Distillery will provide you with a written notice of its refusal to provide access;
- (correction) to request that we correct your personal information;
- (withdrawing consent) to withdraw your consent for us to use your personal information. Please note that you can also opt-out of online marketing communications at any time by using the unsubscribe feature in each electronic commercial message;
- (transparency) to be informed generally about the collection and use of your personal data, including where we intend to further process your personal data for additional purposes other than as discussed above; and
- (complaint) to complain about a breach of the POPI Principles.
- (deletion) you may also request that we delete your personal information, and all reasonable steps to delete the information will be made, except where it is required for legal reasons. Deletion of information may result in Flowstone Distillery and its service providers or partners being unable to facilitate or provide you with information about certain transactions (including the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on a Website), other product content, or services information, upcoming promotion, competition or event information, and/or provide certain content, goods or services. Unless required by applicable law, we are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided your information in accordance with this policy.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY STATEMENTS
Anonymity and Pseudonymity
- Where practicable, Flowstone Distillery will allow you to deal with us on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis. If this is practicable, our collection channels will only seek information in this way. However, where it is not practicable for the purposes for which information is collected, we will seek the personal information identified above. It will not be practicable to deal with you on an anonymous or pseudonymous basis when we wish to send you direct marketing materials or need to provide you with goods or services requested by you.
Sale of the company
- The collection of personal information is neither intended for, nor directed to, persons who are under the age of eighteen (18) years old. Personal information will not be knowingly collected about any person who is known by Flowstone Distillery to be under the age of eighteen (18).
Passive Information Collection
- As with many commercial websites (and mobile and tablet applications), we may also collect information which tells us about visitors to our websites. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of a website are most commonly accessed. This information is generally not linked to the identity of visitors, except where a website is accessed via links in an email we have sent or where we are able to uniquely identify the device or user accessing a website. By accessing a website via links in an email we have sent and/or by accessing a website generally including when you are logged into an account, you consent to the collection of such information where it is personal information.
- Our websites may use and combine such passively collected anonymous information or personal information and/or information from various third party sources, including as described above, and may combine this anonymous information or personal information with other personal information collected from you to provide better service to website visitors and users, customise a website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends, provide you with relevant advertising when you visit a website or a third party website, and otherwise administer and improve a website for your use. We may combine your visitor session information or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information from time to time in order to understand and measure your online experiences and to determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest to you. By accessing a website, you consent to information about you being collected, compiled and used in this way.
- For more information about cookies and how you can opt out, you can visit https://popia.co.za/.
Flowstone Distillery and other websites
- Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to you. Their inclusion cannot be taken to imply any endorsement or validation by us of the content of the third party website. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. Flowstone Distillery is not responsible, nor does it accept any liability, for the conduct of companies linked to our websites.
- Flowstone Distillery may provide areas on a Website or associated social media accounts where you can upload user-generated content, post or provide information about yourself, communicate with other users, provide reviews for content, products and/or services or interact with or vote on particular content. This information may be shared with others and may be publicly posted on our Websites, including without limitation, other social media platforms and other public forums in which you choose to participate. This information may become publicly available and may be read, collected and used by others outside of our Websites. Flowstone Distillery is not responsible for the conduct of others who may read, collect and use this information.